Siguler Guff incorporates high ethical standards and responsible business practices into every aspect of its investment activities. Over an investment's lifecycle, insensitivity to environmental, social and corporate governance ("ESG") factors can impair the financial performance of private equity investments. As a responsible investor, Siguler Guff integrates ESG considerations into each phase of its investment process, including sourcing, due diligence, negotiation of terms and conditions, monitoring of ongoing compliance and, when warranted, remedial action.
Siguler Guff's Responsible Investment Policy recognizes various principles and standards, including the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment ("UNPRI"). Siguler Guff is proud to be a signatory to the UNPRI, and treats it as a key framework for its responsible investment policy. As a UNPRI signatory, Siguler Guff has affirmed the following aspirational principles:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into ownership policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which investments are completed
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry
- Work together to enhance effectiveness in implementing the principles
- Report on its activities and progress towards implementing the principles
Siguler Guff's integration of ESG considerations into its investment process reflects its dedication to high standards of business conduct, and its focus on continually refining its investment process to meet or exceed industry best practices.
Siguler Guff's Responsible Investment Policy is available for review at the following link: Responsible Investment Policy.